Fleck 9000 problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael Ward

Reaction score
I have a twin tank Fleck 9000 controlled water conditioner. I am pretty sure the system is no longer cycling as it has been stuck on tank 1 for a long time. I need some help troubleshooting. If I turn the manual knob to start a regeneration cycling nothing happens like it use to. Can someone give me a list of things to check out to determine the fault. The manual says timer motor is likely culprit, which it may very well be, but I'd sure like to check things out before randomly ordering parts for repair.

Reach4

Reaction score
I looked at this video:
I would undo the wire nuts (if I had wire nuts) and measure the voltage between the wires. If I had voltage, and the motor was not turning, I would expect the motor is bad.

Care is needed to avoid shocking yourself or causing damage.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The 9000 uses two motors. 1 is for driving the timing/meter mechanism. The other is for driving the upper and lower pistons. These communicate through a simple set of micro switches.

In the home position, the timer motor does not turn, it should turn on when you turn the knob. The timer motor has a view window where you can see the motor turning. You will see that a microswitch gets activated when you urn the knob one click, this is what connects power to the motor, the motor then continues until the cam rotates 360 degrees over the next couple hours and the micro switch returns to home. This valve is an engineering work of art. You will need to spend some time to understand how it works. This should give you a good start.

Now... how old is the valve? It may be time to update the valve. The 9000 has mostly been replaced by the 9100SXT. The 9000 valve body is brass and has some known longevity issues. The body can become damaged in the lower center section under some water conditions. The newer electronic control adds some nice bells and whistles. but... the old mechanical design is still highly reliable and long lasting. Post some pictures of your system so we can see exactly what you have.

Michael Ward

Reaction score
Pics: 20160120_064150.jpg 20160120_064242.jpg 20160120_064123.jpg

Attachments

• 20160120_064123.jpg
    20160120_064123.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 967
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks