Fleck 9000 Piston replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

55ford

Reaction score
I replaced the lower and upper pistons and new washers and spacers on the Fleck model 9000. My question is the lower piston back metal plate is now leaking. I have taken apart three times now and have made sure washers and spacers were in correct order, they were and are. The plastic white spacer is installed correctly, still leaking when I turn water on. Any suggestions on what I might have done wrong.
Thank you.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The 9000 had an extra seal and special spacer added to the valve many years ago. If these are missing the valve will leak from the whit cap and the valve will not work correctly. This was added over a decade ago. The white cap seals against the last seal. The cap should not go all the way into the valve without the metal cap, rather it should be compressed in with the 4 screws.

Depending on the age of the valve, the 9100 might be a good idea.

55ford

Reaction score
The 9000 had an extra seal and special spacer added to the valve many years ago. If these are missing the valve will leak from the whit cap and the valve will not work correctly. This was added over a decade ago. The white cap seals against the last seal. The cap should not go all the way into the valve without the metal cap, rather it should be compressed in with the 4 screws.

Depending on the age of the valve, the 9100 might be a good idea.
Thank you I will check this weekend.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks