Fleck 9000 leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

roger12

Reaction score
I have a fleck 9000 twin that is leaking from upper and lower pistons. I would like to try and do the repair myself. I saw couple of videos on you tube but was still confused on how to depressurize the system. I was able to find videos to depressurize fleck 5600 which is one tank system but couldn't find any instructions for twin tank fleck 9000. I am guessing the procedure is same but I am still unclear on how to switch from tank 1 to 2 for backwash. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, please share any tips and/or instructions if you have done it before.
Thanks

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Very similar to the 5600.

The piston drive motor rotates the Geneva Wheel to transfrer between the tanks. Do you have the electronic or mechanical control valve. The electronic valve will have a digital display. It may be a good time to upgrade to the 9100SXT from the old 9000.

roger12

Reaction score
Very similar to the 5600.

The piston drive motor rotates the Geneva Wheel to transfrer between the tanks. Do you have the electronic or mechanical control valve. The electronic valve will have a digital display. It may be a good time to upgrade to the 9100SXT from the old 9000.

Thank you Dittohead! It's a mechanical control valve. I was planning to start the cycle manually using the knob and then disconnect the wires once backwash cycle is complete but i will try rotating the piston drive motor manually. I will definitely look into 9100SXT.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Do not move the gears manually, you will break something.

To rebuild the valve, just tear it down. Remove the screws that hole the backplate to the valve (depressurize first of course) and pull the plate forward. The pistons will come out with the backplate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks