Fleck 900 Water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Marcus Bryant

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been given the task to properly set up are water softener but I'm having a difficult time understanding the concept of the timer i was told it comes factory preset , The only way to actually see it run is if I turn the manual knob and then its just goes down the line into backwash, brine rinse, rapid rinse, brine refill, and back to standby. I can see the timer move from underneath (with the door closed) and watch it turn but once it reaches the beginning or at the timer switch it falls into a groove, from that point i don't understand.

Marcus Bryant

Reaction score
20150427_230842.jpg
20150427_230945.jpg
20150427_231021.jpg
20150427_231003.jpg

Attachments

• 20150427_230842.jpg
    20150427_230842.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,315

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
It is a simple mechanical design. We need a lot more information. Water hardness, any compensation needed (IE: Iron, manganese etc.), system size, media type, valve type, meter type etc. Start by giving us as much information as possible and some pictures would also helpful.

LOL, posted the pictures while I was replying.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
What is the pin count for the brine refill? Looks like 8 pins,

8x2x3=48 pounds of salt per regeneration. Assuming the 5 gpm DLFC button is correct, that would usually go on a 14" tank. Is your tank 14x47 or 14x65? Or is it 14" diameter at all?

48 pounds is too high if the system is used for standard applications. Most systems should be programmed for 8 pounds of salt per cf or less, yours is set for 16 pounds per CF. This is not efficient.

Marcus Bryant

Reaction score
we are useing a dual tank and yes they are both 14x65 , and also yes the brine refill is 8 pins.

Marcus Bryant

Reaction score
Also im not sure if this information helps but we have a number of different people coming thru the building at any given time , and can use anywhere from 2000 gallons to 3200 gallons a day.

Marcus Bryant

Reaction score
Thanks for the help and the manual but it still seems brief with explanation reading the manual cause I don't understand when it knows to start the timer, and how does the meter know when to start the regeneration process.

Reach4

Reaction score
You need to indicate how hard your water is numerically, and if it is not chlorinated water, what are the iron and manganese numbers. Get a Hach 5-B on order ASAP so that you can check your hardness before and after treatment. If you are on a well, get a well check water test performed. That takes time, so do those things ASAP. Post what you find. Ditttohead will need the info to help. You could get some testing done at the local pool store, but it would be better to get the more accurate tests.

Fleck Econominders have a sensor (turbine or paddlewheel) and a speed reduction gear that drives a cable. The wheel with the gallons of capacity remaining should rotate until down to zero. With your 2-tank system, the system should then regen immediately. The white dot has a part in telling the softener how many gallons of capacity remains after each regen.

There is no time factor. It is only the measured gallons that automatically trigger regen.

To give you an idea of the concept, you might want to look at another Econominder softener. See the white dot on the left of your left wheel? You can see where that will play into the setup.

That is not your unit, but it will give a brief view of the Ecominder services. You can search for other Econominder videos. The ones you find will be for smaller systems, but may be more understandable before trying to follow the manual.

If your resin is old (5 to 10 years the range where resin becomes old), you should probably get that replaced.

Marcus Bryant

Reaction score
Thank you this information has been extremely helpful I will proceed with a total hardness test and get back with you thank you in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks