Fleck 7k- Newb Question/Regen

Users who are viewing this thread

justaHO

Reaction score
Need a bit of hand-holding on understanding when the unit will regen. 9 days out now and 200 gal left (out of about 168ogal). Hardness still at zero but getting worried when the regen will occur.

CT=Fd
RS=SF
SF=20
DO=OFF

80k system (C=50)
24gpg hardness

New install so don't know what to expect...

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know how the count down timer works, but here is a guess. It may be totally off base. It is only based on looking at the figures that you provide. When you get an explanation from somebody with experience, discard my guess.

I figure that 50000 grains/ 24GPG gives 2083.3 gallons. That is how many gallons I would expect the controller to pass through before regenerationg if you had no reserve. 80% of 2083.3 is 1667 gallons.

1667 is close to 1680. So I am guessing the 1680 is how many gallons go through before the controller thinks about scheduling a regen. Once it counts down to zero, it would queue a regen to happen at 2 AM. When the count gets down to zero, the faucet icon may start flashing to indicate a queued regen. Guessing again.

On the other hand, maybe you did not look at the number until after it had counted down some, and my guess is based on mistaken info.

Note there is a better way to set the reserve capacity for the 7000SXT. Ditttohead recommends RS=cr and CR=0. This automates the reserve calculation.

There is also what I consider to be a better way to enter a fixed reserve in gallons rather than percent. But go with the automatic choice unless you have a reason. Fixed 20% reserve seems rather wasteful in many cases.

justaHO

Reaction score
I believe you to be correct on the math. What I didn't know was whether the count had to reach zero or what. It makes sense now that the 20% is taken on the "front-end" of the calc. I hear you on the alternate methods. I know next to nothing so will try to get a handle on how the current settings work for now then change to your recommendations after this next regen. Thanks much!

Oh, and that 1680 was a swag. Now that I think about it it was 1667.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Newer 7000SXT have the CR setting, put it to that and consider it good.
Dose your valve have the CR option?

Set the DO to 30 in case you go on vacation, this will regen every month to keep the resin nice and clean. It resets the counter to 30 days every time it regenerates.

justaHO

Reaction score
^Sure, if RS is programmed for it. Currently, it is not (dealer set). And set CR to zero?

justaHO

Reaction score
One unrelated question, I'm set for dF2b but the dealer set B2 to zero. Does this make sense?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks