Fleck 7000SXT Programming Help

Users who are viewing this thread

TL82

Reaction score
Hello, I have the following water softener system and would love some help optimizing the programming for salt/water usage, and minimize the number of regenerations. Thanks!

Fleck 7000SXT w/ 32K Grain Capacity
9" x 48" Mineral Tank
14" x 14" x 34" Square Brine Tank
1.00 Cu Ft High-capacity 8% Crosslink Resin
3/4" Noryl NPT Bypass
3/8" Valve-to-BrineTank Tubing
Gravel Underbed
0.25 BLFC

We use roughly 2400 gal/month of water (80 gal/day).
No detectable iron in water.
Hardness is 8-9 GPG.
We use Morton System Saver II pellets.

Reach4

Reaction score
img_1.png
Here is are some numbers that are probably pretty good. I expect there are improvements that could be made, but your usage is pretty small.

TL82

Reaction score
View attachment 29980 Here is are some numbers that are probably pretty good. I expect there are improvements that could be made, but your usage is pretty small.

Thanks for your help! One question - the default FM setting that the reseller recommended was t1.5 and instructions said "Do not change this value - this indicated Flow Meter type 3/4" Turbine". What will setting it to t1.2 do instead? Thanks again!

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks for your help! One question - the default FM setting that the reseller recommended was t1.5 and instructions said "Do not change this value - this indicated Flow Meter type 3/4" Turbine". What will setting it to t1.2 do instead? Thanks again!
Since that setting is determined by the flow meter, I would go by his setting for that.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The 7000 has a 1.25" turbine meter. The old programming was t1.5, the updated programming is t1.2 (as of a few years ago).

TL82

Reaction score
The 7000 has a 1.25" turbine meter. The old programming was t1.5, the updated programming is t1.2 (as of a few years ago).

I bought the system in September of 2014, so I'll go with the updated programming. Thanks all for your help!

TL82

Reaction score
One more question - I noticed that the Capacity (C) setting recommendation above is for 20K. I have a 32K system, so what are advantages to setting it to the lower 20K setting? Thanks again! I want to learn what all the tricks are as I go.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
32 K is based on extremely high salting. This is wasteful and provides no benefits for most applications.
20K is based on lower more efficient salt settings.

You can use 1/3 the salt and get 60% of the same capacity by using the more efficient setting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks