Fleck 7000SXT programming help for efficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jay B

Reaction score
I am new and I bought and installed myself a new water softener and was wondering if anyone could help me set it up for best efficiency. Iron is only a trace amount. I use solar salt. 4 people in the house 2 adults and 2 kids. Any help would be appreciated.

Fleck 7000SXT Metered 48,000 Grain Water Softener 10x47 Tank, Upper Basket, Add Plastic Bypass, 1" Male Pipe Thread, Cation Water Softening Resin US Made 8%, 18" x 33" Round

Here are my settings:

DF = GAL
VT= df2b
CT= FD
NT=1
C = 48
H = 13
RS = SF
SF= 10
RC= 0
DO= 6
RT= 2:00
B1=8
BD=50
B2=0
RR=8
BF=8
FM=t1.5

DLFC= 2.4
BLFC= .25
Injector= 0

Reach4

Reaction score
I kept your DO=6 figuring that you had a reason for that, and suspect you are on a well with less than 1 ppm iron. If you are on city water or very low iron well water, you would increase your DO.

Note that the C is lower and the BF is higher in my version, thinking that you are probably not doing a good job of softening. I think you need more salt usage. You want to get a Hach 5-B kit and measure your hardness in your soft water just before the softener is ready to regen. You should also use the kit to confirm your hardness=13. You should keep 1 grain or less. Were these numbers that you posted what the dealer provided?

Here is what I come up with:
System info (not programmed)
salt lb/cuft : 6
BLFC : 0.25
cubic ft resin : 1.5
Raw hardness : 13.0
Estimated gal/day : 240.0
Estimated days each regen : 8.7

Fleck 7000SXT Settings:

DF = Gal
VT = dF2b
CT = Fd
C = 30.0
H = 13.0
RS = cr
CR = 0.0
DO = 6
RT = 2:00
B1 = 8.0
Bd = 60.0
B2 = 5.0
RR = 10.0
BF = 12.0
FM = t1.2 (usual)

Last edited:

Jay B

Reaction score
Yes you are correct we get our water in central Illinois from the river basin from what I heard. The reason I have it at 6 is I didn't want the resin to stop making soft water would you recommend I change the DO to longer?

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes you are correct we get our water in central Illinois from the river basin from what I heard. The reason I have it at 6 is I didn't want the resin to stop making soft water would you recommend I change the DO to longer?
Yes. With city water, DO=28 is good.

I prefer pellet salt. In some places solar salt is cheaper, but not here.

Jay B

Reaction score
The hardness was tested by 3 different companies that used a color changing liquid and not strips.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks