Fleck 7000

Users who are viewing this thread

Bannerman

Reaction score
Another question is what determines the injector size? At .125 GPM this seems mighty low.
The 0.125 GPM is the BLFC rate which controls the refill rate into the brine tank. The injector size controls the brine draw rate.
Brining should be performed slowly as the resin will be releasing calcium & magnesium ions and possibly iron and manganese while at the same time absorbing sodium ions. Slow is more efficient and less likely to damage the resin.
Since the brine continues to remain in the resin tank when the brine tank has emptied, the slow rinse cycle continues pushing the brine through the resin bed until it is finally rinsed away. The entire brine/slow rinse cycle is normally set for 4X the amount of time required to empty the brine tank. If brine takes 15 minutes to empty (typical), the total brine/rinse cycle should be 60 minutes.

Suction should be evident on the brine line during brine draw, not water pressure. Have you checked all other cycles to determine if they are doing what they should?

If you removed the power head, I don't know if it is possible that the cycle cam may have been in the incorrect position when the power head was reinstalled. Compare service manual, page 17 & 18: http://waterpurification.pentair.com/Files/KnowledgeBase/ItemDownload/en/42775 Rev D.pdf

You may also need to remove and inspect the piston and seal and spacer pack to check for any damage which may be short circuiting water pressure to the brine circuit.

ArayT

Reaction score
Thanks, that all makes sense. Ill check into the other items tomorrow. I believe the other cycles are ok but Ill recheck. Good to know I should be able too feel the suction.
I really really do appreciate the help!!!
Ray

Bannerman

Reaction score
I keep suspecting the injector. Dittohead mentioned that there had been an issue with some a few years back which is why he asked the age of your valve.

While it may have only needed cleaning initially, now that the injector was installed backwards, could it have been forced in or out and possibly damaged?

The injector functions as a venturi. Rinse water under pressure flows through it which in turn, creates a suction to draw in the brine. Any damage to the injector, could then allow leakage of pressurized water to the suction side.

When you cycle the valve, do you hear water flowing to the drain? If not, check the Drain Line Flow Control button (DLFC) below the drain port and also the drain itself. If the drain is obstructed, then regeneration cannot flow properly. Water will take the path of least resistance so if the drain offers resistance, then a less restrictive path could be the brine port during the brine draw cycle.

Last edited:

ArayT

Reaction score
Yes I could have damaged the venturi.
Yes water does flow freely. I just replaced the injector, after loosing the internal ball while cleaning it. I know these days even new parts can be defective, do you think I should replace it again? I was going to replacing the brine valve, the BLFC and a new spacer and o-ring kit. Wanting to get this thing fixed and because of the age even if one of these is not the problem I feel they should have some wear and not total waste. I've taken this thing apart so many times I'm not sure when I reversed the venture. Could have generated another problem after fixing one without realizing either. I really appreciate the help and the advise.
Thanks, Ray

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Put the system into a draw cycle. Put on bypass for a few minutes. disconnect the brine line. Return the unit to service and check for a draw. If the system starts to draw then starts to fill again, check for a semi blocked drain.

ArayT

Reaction score
Guys, I have ordered replacement parts (a few days back) injector, brine valve, seal kit and BFLC. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the advise. Mr. Slusser glad to see you,re still around thought you retired. Ditto thanks for the film. Mial....Thanks I'm 100% sure the drain is not stopped up. Thanks again!!
Ray

ArayT

Reaction score
Guys got my parts in and installed but now I'm having issues w/ programming. Once I set to 12:01 and enter prog mode the first screen that appears is 2:00 I press regn button to advance and A-7 comes up then press regn button again to advance and it goes back to 12:01. From some reason this is all I can get. I had the unit unpowered while waiting on my parts about 10 days. Would appreciate some advise.
Thanks Ray

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
You want 12:01 to get into programming mode -- not 2:01.
Entering Master Programming Mode
Set the Time Of Day display to 12:01 P.M. Press the Extra
Cycle button (to exit Setting Time of Day mode). Then
press and hold the Up and Down buttons together until the
programming icon replaces the service icon and the Display
Format screen appears.​

ArayT

Reaction score
Thanks Reach4, That was a typo I meant to type 12:01. What I referenced is happening when I enter 12:01.
Ray

Reach4

Reaction score
Not sure what your asking, "icon change"?
I was referring to this text from the manual:
Then
press and hold the Up and Down buttons together until the
programming icon replaces the service icon and the Display
Format screen appears.
img_3.jpg
So that means that the faucet icon should disappear and the pencil and dots icon should appear. Does that happen?

ArayT

Reaction score
My model does not have that type of display, I have the 7000SE vs 7000SXT. Looks like it goes in the program mode while pressing up and down buttons but it moves from 12:01 then it goes to 2:00 vs 12:01 to U1.
Thanks, Ray

Last edited:

ArayT

Reaction score
Guys I tried to reprogram it this morning and it went strait to the proper screen. For some reason IT was going to the control program mode as Bannerman referenced Vs the master program mode. I left it set to go thru a regn cycle last night; and it did, not sure if that had anything to do with what happened. Now its working and its also emptying the brine tank as it should (my original problem). Thanks Thanks Thanks!! for the help.
Ray

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks