Fleck 7000

Users who are viewing this thread

ArayT

Reaction score
Guys,
My brine tank is filling up too full. I've checked the setting for this (cycle step 5) and adjusted it down from 20 to 10 and it is still filling my tank about 1/2-2/3 full. I took it apart last week and cleaned everything hoping to find something but all looked ok. The original setting was 10 or 12 and few years back and I gradually changed it up to 20 where I had about 8-10" of fill. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Ray

Reach4

Reaction score
What is your BLFC number? Look on your controller for a sticker.

How far down does the brine go during the brining/slow rinse cycle (that is when it is lowest). Later it then gets refilled last thing during brine fill. The point is, is the softener failing to empty the brine tank down to the air check valve, or is the brine fill just adding too much each time?

ArayT

Reaction score
Thanks Reach4,
BLFC is .125 GMP. I have not checked the lowest level. After I cleaned it last week I left about 8" of water in it then it went thru the scheduled regn cycle I checked it the next day and everything looked ok. Checked it again today (went thru reng last night) and now its about 2/3 full. I'm guessing its is getting too full vs not empting but that's a guess.
Ray

Bannerman

Reaction score
Check and clean the injector and injector screen, located within the valve close to where the brine hose connects. If the injector or screen contains dirt/debris, that could interfere with brine draw.

Check also, every connection and fitting on the brine hose and the pick-up assembly in the brine tank. A loose fitting may not be showing a water leak during the Fill cycle, but any air leaking into the line will not allow brine to be drawn from the brine tank during the Brine Draw cycle.

Last edited:

ArayT

Reaction score
The screen is clean. I will check the brine hose assembly and other connections. Never guessed it might be an empting issue, but understand how it could be. Thanks for the info. I'll post what I find.
Ray

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
A couple years back, the 7000 valve body had a minor issue that could cause the brine system to leak to the brine tank. Remove the grey clip on the brine line, remove the brine line from the valve body and see if any water drips out of the valve after a minute or so. Otherwise, as stated above, check the integrity of the brine system. You can put the system through a regeneration and see if the water level drops during the brine/rinse cycle.

What size is your system? Is the screen amber or blue? How old is the valve?

ArayT

Reaction score
A couple years back, the 7000 valve body had a minor issue that could cause the brine system to leak to the brine tank. Remove the grey clip on the brine line, remove the brine line from the valve body and see if any water drips out of the valve after a minute or so. Otherwise, as stated above, check the integrity of the brine system. You can put the system through a regeneration and see if the water level drops during the brine/rinse cycle.

What size is your system? Is the screen amber or blue? How old is the valve?

Dittohead/ Bannerman,
Thanks, I finally got time to check the brine line for leaks. I took the entire hose assembly apart cut a couple inches off each end and reconnected everything. I marked the level in by brine tank and ran it through a regin cycle and noticed the tank actually is filling ever so slowly during the brine draw cycle. I removed the fittings again and reconnected still the same problem. I noticed the hose connection to the valve body (where the grey clip is) seemed not right meaning bad engineering or I've got something installed wrong. The hose fitting will only insert into the black fitting about 1/8-1/4" then it makes contact with the inter white piece, should this be that way? I assume the draw works like a jet pump and the inter white piece is part of that. Again thanks for the help but I'm at a loss. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ray

Reach4

Reaction score
The brine level rising during brine draw cannot be a problem with the brine tubing or fitting. I think you should take the steps suggested in the first paragraphs in posts #4 and #6. Note the questions in post #6.

ArayT

Reaction score
The brine level rising during brine draw cannot be a problem with the brine tubing or fitting. I think you should take the steps suggested in the first paragraphs in posts #4 and #6. Note the questions in post #6.

I cleaned the screen and reconnected/ tightened the fittings. My system size is a 32k grain???, its 6-7 years old, the screen color is neither amber or blue it is white and no leaks after removing the brine line (the line was removed with the system pressurized in standard operation not while going a regen cycle).
Thanks, Ray

ArayT

Reaction score
Yes, while cleaning it a few weeks ago (first thing I did trying to fix the problem) I lost the small plastic ball located inside of it. I purchased a new one and installed it a couple weeks back, part 61454-00. I believe it was purple. The problem I'm having started before this was done.

ArayT

Reaction score
Yes, while cleaning it a few weeks ago (first thing I did trying to fix the problem) I lost the small plastic ball located inside of it. I purchased a new one and installed it a couple weeks back, part 61454-00. I believe it was purple. The problem I'm having started before this was done.
It was violet not purple, sorry.

ArayT

Reaction score
I believe the white part inside the BLFC is reversed. I just pulled up a picture of it and I believe I've installed it backwards. I'm going to re-check this and will post results.
I really appreciate the help.
Ray

ArayT

Reaction score
Guys, I checked the part it was definitely in backwards. I reinstalled the line (much easier and I can say not an engineering problem and idiot problem). I ran it thru a draw cycle and again the brine tank is filling up.... Dam-----it man this thing is driving me crazy. Any suggestions.
Thanks, Ray

after running it thru a draw cycle for about 10 minutes and could tell the water was rising I disconnected the brine line at the brine tank and water had a steady flow of water coming out od it.

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
Don't worry, there are a number of experts on here (not me) that will help you get it all straightened out.

ArayT

Reaction score
Don't worry, there are a number of experts on here (not me) that will help you get it all straightened out.
Thanks!!! I guess when you add problems to the problems you already have makes it difficult. I'm back where I started, except now I have a clean valve w/ a new injector.

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
Not being familiar with the 7000 programming.

Is there any chance that it is set to pre brine fill before the draw?

Just a WAG.

ArayT

Reaction score
Don't believe so. I've reprogrammed it a couple times during while trying to fix this problem. I read on another site where Fleck had problems w/ 7000 injectors. I'm thinking about changing it and the BLFC assembly. Another question is what determines the injector size? At .125 GPM this seems mighty low.
Thanks Again, Ray

Reach4

Reaction score
Another question is what determines the injector size? At .125 GPM this seems mighty low.
The size of the tank, how long you have for regeneration cycle, and salt efficiency desired. Bigger tank, bigger injector. Smaller injector, longer regeneration. Smaller injector, better salt efficiency.

There was a recent thread, but I don't find it right now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks