Fleck 5600sxt quit softening after sediment filter change

Users who are viewing this thread

herzogzwei

Reaction score
I have a fleck 5600sxt that has worked great for the last 6 months. I changed my sediment filter (installed before the softener) and instantly the water is no longer soft. Could I have created some kind of vapor lock that is preventing the water from going through the filter?

Bannerman

Reaction score
Do you have a sediment issue? One concern with filters prior to the softener is the filter reducing the flow rate to the softener so the softener cannot regenerate properly.

If you do have a sediment issue, recommend a sediment filter that will not tend to restrict flow and is easily cleanable such as the Lakos Twist2Clean: http://www.twistiiclean.com/

Now that your flow has been restored by changing the filter cartridge, you could add a few extra gallons water to the softener's brine tank, wait 2 hours for additional salt to dissolve, and then initiate a manual regeneration cycle. If you do this while you are available, you can then observe to ensure the various cycles of regeneration do actually occur.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks