Fleck 5600SXT Program help

Users who are viewing this thread

mggray87

Reaction score
Alright guys. cut me a tiny bit of slack with softeners. its a new world to me. I grew up entire life with no softener didnt even know they existed or what they were. I drank tap water for life. Bay Area SF has pretty darn good water. I moved out to brentwood farm area. and every house is built with a loop for water softeners. i bought my first home out here in novemeber 2015. I purchased a fleck 5600SXT 48,000 capacity. It had the copper loop in garage but past owner never put one in. so thats the first thing i did to help appliances and pipes.

So just moving in in november and installed the fleck myself. I didnt even know what hardness was and what my water actually read. i called the city and they come out for free. I never saw him he said he came out and tested and it was at 9 hardness. i know i needed that to set up my system. the water has water reports ill post to show what i saw. its a blend of the grown water from wells and city plant surface water. If i know how to attach it i will. So i used 9 on my initial hardness. I didnt have a test kit myself. i set it at i think 12 just guessing and didnt feel anything my co worker moved nearby to a house that already had one. it was set to 15. i changed mine and thats where it is at now.

my home:
2485sq feet 2 story
3 full baths
Currently live with my girlfriend and my dog so only 2 of us live here.

my initial setup with directions from the place i ordered it online

recently been reading on it last 48 hours

My 5600SXT
48,000 grain capacity. 1.5c ft of hi capacity 8% crosslink resin
Black sticker .5gpm at 1.5lbs
DF-GAL
VT-tf 16
CT-fd
NT-1
C-48
H-15
RS-sf
SF-15
DO-14
RT-2:00am
BW-10
BD-60
RR-12
BF-15
FM-t.07

2 days ago i finally got a TDS digital meter and it was 250ish both hose and kitchen. (when i moved in i think i remmeber it was like 600's) so im confused.
SO.... i ordered a hach model hb test kit. i got it today. I tested TDS again and this morning it was 125. I tested hardness and it was 4 drops it turned blue so Hardness 4 coming from the outside hose where water comes in now. I tested the kitchen and the same thing Hardess 4 (4 drops) TDS is 135

he said it was 9. now its 4 im so confused. but what im really confused on. even if its 4 before softener its still 4. so that means my softener isnt doing a dang thing correct? so basically id love for someone that knows how to calculate everything and can help me dial this dam thing id really appreciate it. Im getting a RO 6 stage with alkaline tomorrow to install. and im ordering a 3 stage big blue 20x4.5 filters to put before softener later this month. but back to the softener.

lets see if i can put my water report on here.http://www.brentwoodca.gov/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=32854

My water is a "blend" so it says so it has ranges for the plant and well. The only thing i can think of is we were in a drought for so dam long water was bad. last year we got good rain and this winter were getting hammered with rain. not sure if that plays a roll in plant water especially well water.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks