1. CD King

CD King New Member

Why does my Fleck 5600 keep regenerating every 20 to 30 mins?
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

It can regenerate that quickly unless it is an electronic version and the programming is messed up.

So what is it actually doing when you say regenerating?

Is it a mechanical metered or electronic?

If electronic, what is the programming?

If mechanical metered, how many gallons is it set for between regenerations?
  3. CD King

CD King New Member

Gary,
    It is a Fleck 5600SE, approximately 2 yrs old. It ran fine until a couple of months ago. I have it set for 1800 gallons between regenerations. After regeneration it resets back to 1800, then about 10 minutes later it starts counting down at a very fast speed til it reaches zero. Then it starts is regeneration process all over
  4. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

5. Cass

Cass Plumber

bad button
  6. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

The manual doesn't mention the meter. I'd unplug it at the end of a regeneration and see iif the gallons count down then. If the gallons still count down, and the micro switches are opened/closed as they are suppose to be, I would say it was the timer.