Fleck 5600 what parts to replace?

Users who are viewing this thread

moose66

Reaction score
I have a Fleck 5600 that has been in service for many years. I cant remember how high the iron content is but it was high. I started having problems with the water not staying soft for very long after regen. So I replaced the media. That didn't really help, but from the looks of the media it was not a waste. Anyway, the unit appears to be working fine except for excessive water in the brine tank. I would like to replace ANY parts, washers,screens etc. when I have it apart. The unit has performed flawlessly for years so changing a few extra parts i would rather do while I have apart. Rather safe than sorry. I will need to order on line so I want to make sure I get everything first time. So I would like help with a parts/ kit list that you would recommend to change.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Normally a rebuild consist of the piston, basket & seals, brine valve, injector throat, injector nozzle & air disperser. You can find these parts at watersoftenersuperstore

Bannerman

Reaction score
Many, but not all of the components that Mialynette specified, are sold in a rebuild kit as shown here: http://www.softenerparts.com/5600_Rebuild_Kit_Pistons_and_Seals_p/3456pskit.htm

Depending on the actual concentration of iron in your water, you may wish to consider a dedicated backwashing iron reduction filter. Not only would that likely improve your water quality, it would be more efficient at reducing iron, reduce your salt consumption and regeneration frequency, reduce or eliminate the need for iron removal chemicals for ongoing resin cleaning and, potentially extend the life of your softener and resin.

Last edited:

moose66

Reaction score
I was watching this video.
. This sounds like all the problems I am seeing.
They show several orfices, washers and a screen. Is there a kit for these parts or does anyone tell me the part name and numbers so I can replace them also?

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you have the service manual? Did you look at the kit Bannerman pointed to? Some of the items that mialynette2003 are not usually replaced in a rebuild, but are only cleaned. I am not a pro. They are.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
The basket & seals is part # 60125, piston is 60102. air diperser is 13497. As for the inject throat & nozzle, I would have to know the tank size of color of the current ones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks