Fleck 5600 Econo : Resin in Lines

Users who are viewing this thread

MelMac

Reaction score
I installed my new Fleck 5600 Econominder. Worked great for 2-3 days, now I have resin coming out of all faucets! What gives?

Bannerman

Reaction score
That can occur if the inlet and outlet connections are reversed. The outlet should be on the left when facing the unit from the front.

If the connections are proper, then the problem could be a damaged distributor screen or riser tube which will mean pulling the head off to remove the riser tube and distributor screen to inspect.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I used to live in Round Rock years ago. Is it enough resin to stop the water flow at the faucets or just enough to slow down the flow? With newer systems, most likely you have an upper basket which will stop the resin from coming out if it is hooked up backwards. If you have a shout off valve before the softener turn it off and advance the system to a backwash cycle. If the water does not stop, it hooked up backwards.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Most top screens are only strong enough to prevent problems during shipping but will fail if the system is installed backwards.
Many companies sell units without gravel with a ridiculous explanation of why this is better. It is done to save shipping costs period. It can also lead to a failed bottom screen failed bottom screens are fairly common when these same companies ship systems without gravel and use an imported bottom screen.
If your system is installed correctly then you will likely have a major problem and you Will Need to replace the bottom screen and riser tube. Be sure to buy a good quality bottom screen and add the appropriate amount of gravel to the system..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks