Fleck 2510 water softener settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew_selby

Reaction score
I have a 1.5 cubic foot katalox light filter, followed by a 1.5 cubic foot carbon water filter, then i have a 1.5 cubic foot water softener. My question is about setting up the pins on the back of the fleck 2510 econominder with. the 2510 was originally used as part of an "all in one filter/softener" that i bought from clean my water.com. i switched the tank from a 13x54 to a 10x54 and added 1.5 cubic feet or resin. the pins on the back of the program wheel are for the following
1-backwash
2-brine rinse
3-rapid rinse
4-brine tank refill
i can adjust 2 minutes per pin.
How long should i have each stage last?
My water has total hardness 27.7 GPG
4 people total in the house, 2 adults 2 children
the current brine valve is 0.5 GPM
Thank you for all your help, Andrew

Bannerman

Reaction score
What is the colour or number of the injector?

Backwash is typically 10 minutes but that is sometimes made longer if the water contains silt or other debris. As you have KL and carbon filters preceding the softener, the backwash should only need to be minimal.

The Brine/slow rinse cycle is normally 60 minutes duration but the brine tank should then be empty of fluid within 15 minutes. The brine draw and slow rinse rate is controlled by the injector utilized which is why I asked the injector size.

Rapid rinse is often 10 minutes but maybe reduced. The RR cycle is to repack the resin to ensure full water contact with the resin.

The brine tank refill time is highly dependent on the amount of softening capacity to be restored.

Suggestions:

For the highest recommended salt efficiency, 9 lbs salt will restore 30,000 grains capacity (set 'C' as 30). For a 9 lbs salt setting: 6 minutes fill time X 0.5 gpm BLFC = 3 gallons entering brine tank. Each 1 gallon will dissolve 3 lbs salt.

For increased capacity between regen cycles, 12 lbs salt will restore 36,000 grains capacity (set 'C' as 36).

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
Not sure the purpose of reducing the softener size. The usual desired regeneration frequency when the softener is not exposed to iron is not more often than 1X per week. There would be no harm if the softener regenerated as little as 1X per month.

Your 4 person household softening requirement is estimated as: (4 ppl X 60 gals each X 28 gpg) = 6,720 grains per day.

The 1.5 cuft softener set for an efficient 12 lbs salt setting (8 lbs salt/cuft) will restore 36K grains capacity.
36K / 6,720 = only 5 days estimated between regen cycles.

A 2 cuft unit delivering 48K grains at the same efficiency (8 lbs/cuft = 16 lbs salt), would require a regen every 7 days.

Your original 2.5 cuft softener may have been programmed for an even higher salt efficiency (6 lbs/cuft) but still have needed to regenerate less often than 1X weekly as the regenerated capacity would have been 50K grains.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks