Flange rotated about 5-10 degrees

Users who are viewing this thread

dzarn

Reaction score
I'm remodeling a bathroom, and when I went to install the toilet today I found the flange is rotated about 5-10 degrees off of where it should be. So when you put the closet bolts in, instead of sliding all the way to the back of the channel, I have to leave them about halfway so the toilet sits straight.

The problem is that when I tighten the bolts against the toilet, they aren't "locked" in the flange, and they rotate and come out of the channel.

Would a super ring or repair ring fix this? Any other suggestions?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ring

Unless the flange is damaged, the only place the bolts can pull through the slots is at the very ends where they are enlarged. Securing them with nuts and washers will keep them from turning, but will not cure whatever is allowing them to pull through the flange.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks