flange install in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

jeffjc

Reaction score
I installed a toilet flange in our basement bathroom we are putting it. Despite my best efforts I couldn't get it to rest on the cement floor - it sits up about 1/4 inch. I am tiling the floor soon. What options do I have at this point to make this work? Can I put some wood underneath it so it rests on this?

thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The flange is supposed to sit on TOP of the FINISHED floor, so it should have been installed after the new tile was installed anyway. Depending on how the flange was installed, you might cut it out and do it right. I wouldn't put any wood underneath it...wood and concrete don't go together well. You could stuff some thinset underneath when you are tiling to support things. Keep in mind you should also drill some holes to anchor the thing, especially if it is an all plastic flange.

jeffjc

Reaction score
how do i get it out now that it is glued in?

Do i drill the screws right into the cement floor?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks