Fixing dull spot in shower stall

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by tired, Aug 29, 2009.

1. tired

tired New Member

I have a fiberglass shower stall. Awhile back, I was stupid enough to use silicone to help a suction cup stick on the wall. It didn't work, and now it has been removed.

And how.

I had to sand the silicone to get it off the wall. Now, I have a circular(ish) spot on the fiberglass wall that is dull and rough. I know it will never be undetectable, but I'd like to make it look better nonetheless.

I've tried automotive rubbing compound; it didn't do squat. I'm clueless at this point.

How can I make this spot look better?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Wear dark glasses so you won't notice. You sanded off the acrylic surface or clear coat, and that is not easily repaired.
  3. tired

tired New Member

Surely there must be something I can put on that small area to make it a bit less noticeable. I know it will never be undetectable but... Something that adheres and reflects roughly the same amount of light?