Fixing 2 no of 2 inch meters

Users who are viewing this thread

meandu

Reaction score
I want to fixed 2 no of 2 inch meters. One for fire fighting tank of 1600 gal and one for domestic usage for a tank capacity of 8000 gal.

The pressure at the tapping point from the water main is 41 psi. and both the tank height is 40 ft. The pipe use
is 2 in ABS pipe.

How do I know that the pressure is enough to support the 2 no of 2 inch meters?

Thank you for anyone who answer.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I am not sure what you mean by "2 no of 2 inch meters", or what you are referring to by "How do I know that the pressure is enough to support" them. The pressure of the water will only affect the volume of water delivered.

meandu

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply.

May be my question should be whether a 41 psi water pressure is enough to support fixing 2 nos of 2 inch meter (one for fire fighting tank and one for domestic tank) to deliver water up to a height of 40 ft by using 2 inch ABS pipe?

TJanak

Reaction score
hj, I believe "2 nos of 2 inch meters" means he has 2 - 2" water meters, with each needing to deliver water up to a height of 40' using 2" ABS pipe for two holding tanks. Seems to me that at 40' height you would have 22 psi not accounting for friction. But this sounds like a water tower scenario so volume is equally important.

meandu

Reaction score
Thanks Travis,

That's is what I meant. Can the 41 psi pressure enough to deliver water up to the two separate tank at 40' height ?

meandu

Reaction score
So for every foot rise ,there is a pressure lost of .433 psi. For 40 ft it's 17.32 psi. For 2 pipes its 34.64 psi.
So for a pressure of 41 psi it can deliver water up the two tanks, am I correct ?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The number of pipes don't factor in the equation. It's 17.32 PSI loss regardless of whether you use a 1 pipe or 10. More pipes or bigger pipes provide more GPM, not PSI.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks