Fix Leak where Water enters house

Users who are viewing this thread

soonerbrink

Reaction score
I purchased the repair kit mentioned earlier in this thread and tried to replace mine that leaks but am having new problems: The gauge now shows the pressure is very high, the valve now makes an makes an 'airy' noise when water is on, and when multiple faucets are on the pressure gets really low and barely drips. The valve is not dripping, so at least that's a good sign!

I have some questions. Unfortunately, most of these are brand/item specific. However, if anyone has useful info I would appreciate it.

I contacted the company and they said this is part I need, but I noticed the brass end of the cartridge that goes in first was flatter and larger on the replacement, while the original was narrow and stuck out more. Seems like it still fits fine. Maybe they just made improvements. Does this sound normal. I will contact the company on Monday.

Kit came with 3 O-rings. I put the large O-ring in the housing and the two smaller O-rings on the cartridge. Is this what anyone else did, or did you put all the O-rings in the housing?

The only parts I resused where the cover (with the attached bolt and screw, the spring, the end piece connects the screw to the spring, and the large metal ring that sits between the cover and new cartridge. Does this sound correct?

Videos online show other brands that have the cartridge ratcheted in. This one seems to be different as I just popped the old cartridge out with a screw driver. Did you just slide the cartridge in, or where you supposed to adjust the nut on the end of the cartridge, (this is not the nut on the end of the housing that you use to change the pressure).

Any help is appreciated!

soonerbrink

Reaction score
I put the old cartridge back in the housing and the pressure is better and the noise went away. Sounds like it is the wrong part, or it is defective. Plan on contacting the mfg. this week.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks