Fix for the dripping sounds from Aquia

Users who are viewing this thread

SeattleTim

Reaction score
What is the consensus on how to best insulate the plastic drain pipe on the Aquilas? Some recommend foam or just fiberglass to avoid hearing the dripping through the plastic drain during use. Is there anything else that works?

Tim

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It only lasts for a few seconds when water is added to the bowl.
Use one for a week, and your ear adjusts and the sound becomes a normal sound.

Your tub/shower will drip for 35 minutes, and I've had some people complain about that sound.

Most kitchens have ticking clocks above the range, or a clock in the living room.

Refrigerators make humming sounds

Furnaces blow air and you can hear the sucking of air from the cold air returns.

Ice makers have a filling sound when the trays are being refilled, and then a dumping sound when the cubes fall into the tray, and then a pipe banging sound when the trays are filled and the water shuts off,

Kids have an annoying sound when they ask me questions when I'm doing something. Oh, did I say that one out loud?
Come back here, let me give you a hug.

Last edited:

SeattleTim

Reaction score
Aquila I and II vs III installation

Thanx Terry!

I am reading your excellent forum and i now see there are three models of the Aquia. Based on the photos you posted, that large plastic adapter on the model I must be what caused the noise complaints. I think i will look for the II; or III if i want an ADA compliant one. Since this installation will be for a guest half bath, an ADA model III might be a good idea.

What is the availability of a II or III model in bone?

None

Also, is that gray adapter for the II/III a replacement for a wax seal?

You still need a wax seal.

Checking the installation spacings, i see that Toto calls for a 12 inch setback and i have a good 12 1/4.

11-3/4" or more is good.

But, i only have 7 1/2 to the side of centerline of the drain to the outlet spigot as measured along the back wall and Toto calls for a 7 3/4 for the III. Considering some of the tight installations i have seen on your forum, will this 1/4 inch shortfall be an issue? Furthermore, the height of the spigot is 4 1/2 compared to the 6 inch recommendation; which may help considering how the Aquia III tapers toward the floor.

Aquia I, spacing can be 3" or more
Aquia II and III spacing can be 7" or more

Are there any other installation drawings available besides the two page pdfs from the Toto site?

Thanx
Tim

aquia_adapter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks