fittings for "guzzler" style hand pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Gardner

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I am plumbing the priming system for my cottage pump. I have a "guzzler" style Chinese knock-off diaphragm pump. I will need to go from the pump inlet fitting to the rest if the plumbing, and from the outlet to a vinyl discharge hose.

The fittings look to be 3/4 gray PVC. It seems like a 3/4 hub will fit over it and a 1/2 pvc tube will fit inside it. I would like to transition to a 1/2 PEX barb on the inlet and a 1/2 or 3/4 hose barb on the outlet. Going first to a 1/2 FIP first would be ideal.

Anyone have any experience with these things? What sort of options do I have for solvent welding or no-hub connections or what-have you? Will I be able to solvent-weld a CPVC bushing, if I can find one?

Thanks.

Gardner

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
So a bit more research reveals that these pumps are made of a plastic called Acetal, also known as Delrin. Aside from various laudable properties, it cannot be solvent welded. It can be glued with epoxy and PU. Neither of which I would consider ideal.

I can't believe that there are no readily available fittings for these things -- they seem popular and widely used -- yet a good deal of googling has found me nothing much of use.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks