Fittings for basement rough in

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ekheerdt, Apr 30, 2013.

1. ekheerdt

ekheerdt DIY Home Owner

I am building a new house and am planning to do the plumbing myself with guidance from my HVAC contractor. I have read through previous threads and am starting to understand all of the venting, sizing and other requirements for the system. My question is on the basement rough in and pipes coming up through the floor. My concrete contractor would like the pipes cut at the floor to make it easier to finish the basement floor. I am wondering how to connect to the pipes after the the floor is finished?
  2. asktom

asktom Member

The pipes need to extend above the cement even if it makes the cement guy's job harder.
  3. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Id get another cement guy. Pipes through the concrete are par for the course.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I always extend the pipes through the concrete, but if you want to be a "nice guy" put couplings on the risers flush with the floor. He can trowel even with the tops of the couplings and then you cement the pipe extensions into them.