First time plumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by brother, Dec 18, 2009.

1. brother

brother New Member

what is the minimum requirment for support/straps on copper plumbing in spacing them?? also cpvc?? Even though when I do this I always make sure that the straps are close, but I never really read the minimum requirement according the code.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

straps

It depends on the pipe material and its size. There are tables with the various requirements, usually in the plumbing code appendices.
  3. steelers fan

steelers fan In the Trades

do you know what code is followed in your area,international plumbing code universal,state code?if it is either ipc or upc you can find a copy of the current code book on "the pirate bay dot org"
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

?

"Pirate"bay? Shouldn't that be "Steeler"bay? Or don't you discriminate between teams? In that case, maybe "Penguin" bay.