First plumbing plan, advice please

Users who are viewing this thread

clix

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who has helped me with questions on my kitchen remodel so far. I've finally put together the general layout, in the attached drawing. Please let me know if anyone sees required fixes or suggestions that might make the system better. If i'm missing critical information, please let me know what should be added. I'll be taking this in when I take my "homeowner" test to get an informal pre-review by one of the plumbing inspectors.

A couple questions:

Can I use a 1 1/2" trap arm for the sink/dw? (Would prefer that so that I can drill smaller holes in the load bearing wall, but not sure if a single basin sink and dishwasher (running through the disposal) can use a 1 1/2" arm (not sure if UPC 702.1 prohibits this -- had an informal discussion with a retired inspector and he said it would be fine)).

Do I need a cleanout on the island sink drain below the floor? Local code doesn't require a connection back to a vent that goes outside, just a 5' vent section.

Attachments

• kitchen plumbing diagram.jpg
    kitchen plumbing diagram.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 225

clix

Reaction score
Noticed a typo in the drawing. The shower drain is 2", not 3", but where the sink drain and shower drain line meet, they will connect to a 3" stack.

clix

Reaction score
Any suggestions? Is this such a mess that nobody knows where to start? Happy to put together a better drawing if that might help explain the plan better. Thanks!

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
your dishwasher must go the garbage disposer drain, one it needs a p trap to keep the sewer gas out,
and it works better that way

clix

Reaction score
your dishwasher must go the garbage disposer drain, one it needs a p trap to keep the sewer gas out,
and it works better that way

Thanks. The plan was to run the dishwasher into the disposal and have the trap on the drain side of the disposal. I think that's what you're saying but it may not have been clear from my drawing. Thanks!

clix

Reaction score
Any other suggestions or comments? I've uploaded a plan drawing if that helps visualize what the other drawing is trying to convey. Appreciate any comments. Thanks!

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:

clix

Reaction score
Well, inspector came by today on another and was fine with the drawing, so I guess I'm good to go.

clix

Reaction score
Just wanted to post the results given the help in this thread and others. Thanks for the help with this, after a year of work the kitchen is finally functional. Two pictures attached (basement is still under renovation) and one pre-renovation picture of the kitchen (we doubled the size).

Attachments

• IMG_20180805_191909.jpg
    IMG_20180805_191909.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20170715_114012 (1).jpg
    IMG_20170715_114012 (1).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20161216_130040.jpg
    IMG_20161216_130040.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 128

Reach4

Reaction score
A loop vent needs to hook to a vent. Your inspector missed it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks