Finishing Shower Insert

Users who are viewing this thread

Jess0310

Reaction score
Ok, im new to this forum, i had to recently replace the shower walls in my bathroom and we went with a plastic insert wall unit, from where we cut the old dry wall out to fit the new tub to the studs needs to be finished. We didnot cut the dry wall all the way up, so now I need to cover the flange that the screws were inserted in. I don't intend on putting tile around it, i just want it to go flush with the existing dry wall. This house is 40 years old. Thank you in advance for your input!;)

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Jess there is a lot of information that might be critical to a long lasting installation.

Are there any exterior walls?

When you removed the drywall was there any Vapour Barrier or 6mil poly?

The plastic surround. Does it have a rolled edge that meets the tub deck or tub flange face?

JW

Jess0310

Reaction score
There is no extierior wall, it was all 1/2 inch drywall with no barrier. The edges of the flange are slightly curved and the flange is roughly an inch. I will post a pic

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks