Finishing Shower Insert

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Jess0310, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Jess0310

Jess0310 New Member

Ok, im new to this forum, i had to recently replace the shower walls in my bathroom and we went with a plastic insert wall unit, from where we cut the old dry wall out to fit the new tub to the studs needs to be finished. We didnot cut the dry wall all the way up, so now I need to cover the flange that the screws were inserted in. I don't intend on putting tile around it, i just want it to go flush with the existing dry wall. This house is 40 years old. Thank you in advance for your input!;)
  2. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

Jess there is a lot of information that might be critical to a long lasting installation.

Are there any exterior walls?

When you removed the drywall was there any Vapour Barrier or 6mil poly?

The plastic surround. Does it have a rolled edge that meets the tub deck or tub flange face?

JW
  3. Jess0310

Jess0310 New Member

There is no extierior wall, it was all 1/2 inch drywall with no barrier. The edges of the flange are slightly curved and the flange is roughly an inch. I will post a pic