Finishing basement bathroom walls

Users who are viewing this thread

kregas

Reaction score
I'm finishing a bathroom in my basement and I have a few things when it comes to the concrete backer/drywall that leaves me a little confused.

I have a tub installed with a shower head. I plan to surround the tub with 1/2 inch concrete backer for tile. (I'm using 1/2 inch drywall in the rest of the bathroom)

My question is, where the concrete backer meets the drywall from the bathroom wall areas, what do I do to finish the seam between the two so that I get a nice surface where the tile meets the painted surface?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Teamo

Reaction score
When I did my bathroom I had the same concern. I brought the tile out far enough to cover the seam.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Usually, the tile extends outside of the wet area, so you can just tile over the joint. Thinset will stick just fine to drywall. For help with tiling questions, check out www.johnbridge.com.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks