Fine Mesh Resin? Please help

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by number3480, Jun 28, 2013.

1. number3480

number3480 New Member

I am looking to purchase a Fleck 5600SXT 64k to soften our well water. There is my wife and I, and 4 young children. Water test came back with:

Hardness 30
    Iron 1.9

Iron is clear when it comes out of the tap but eventually changes color and stains.

I am wondering if I need to upgrade to a fine mesh resin for the iron or if standard resin 8% crosslink is fine.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

You might want to look at SST-60 resin instead of fine mesh. With the SST-60 resin, it will help with iron removal and IMO be better than fine mesh. I send a PM.