Finding a toilet replacement

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by kleider, Aug 5, 2007.

1. kleider

kleider New Member

After replacing our existing toilet with a Kohler Cimmaron, we are extremely unhappy because it does adequately clean the bowl. We are looking for a replacement two piece ADA compliant toilet with the feature both a good bowl wash and a powerful flush so we don't have to use a plunger! Please advise what is a good toilet that would meet our needs.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2007
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

A good place to start looking is Terry's Report on Low Flow Toilets which is linked from the home page of this forum. It's no secret that Terry is a strong advocate of the Toto brand, but there are other decent choices available. I believe you have discovered that Kohler, like many other old line companies, has suffered quality decline and is trusting on their name familiarity to carry them.

Toilet report
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2007
  3. HDFAN1

HDFAN1 New Member

4. achutch

achutch New Member

I also bought a Cimarron and got rid of it for the same reason that you mention. The rinse was horrible. I replaced it with the TOTO Drake ADA model. That was almost 2 years ago. The rinse covers all surfaces and I have not been able to plug it. I have as much faith in my Drake as I do my three 7-gallon antiques like the one pictured by my name!

I once again credit Terry and this site for helping me solve a nearly 20 year problem in my upstairs bathroom!

achutch