Final adjustment of CSV Valve

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by royerm, May 14, 2011.

1. royerm

royerm New Member

Well, if seeing is believing and doing is understanding, I'm almost there.

Installed the CSV1Z with a new 6 Gals (1.6 Gals draw) bladder type tank, what
    a difference compare to my previous 35 gals.

The pressure switch is set at 40-60 and I have set the CSV at 55.

I ran a few test with 3 taps, 1 shower, 1 toilet flush giving me a flow of 9.4 GPM
    and holding it steady at 55......truly amazing and a delight.

Reading the instruction, it suggest to bring the cut-In (ON) equal to my CSV pressure??
    I'm not sure about this one.

My pressure switch can raise both(cut-in/cut-off) or the cut-off only but not the cut-in alone.
    Rising the cut-in to 55 would bring the cut-off to 75, which for some reason I find a little high!!??
    When the pump start it goes from 40 to 55 in a flash and once I shut the water off it takes about 15 seconds to bring it to 60 (shut-off).

I've read somewhere I think that the pump should run for a minute????

Do I keep it the way it is or rise the cut-in?????

Regards...
  2. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

I'd raise the cut-out setting to 60#. I'm sure that valveman will give you a better answer tomorrow.
  3. royerm

royerm New Member

from previous post...
    The pressure switch is set at 40-60 and I have set the CSV at 55.

Will wait for Valveman...thx
  4. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

With that size tank is is best to have the CSV set in the middle of the pressure switch setting. So just turn the large adjustment screw in the pressure switch to the right about 2 full turns. This will get you to a 45/65 setting, which will give you a little longer run time before the tank if filled. After turning off all faucets, you want at least 30 seconds but no more than 2 minutes of run time before the pump shuts off.
  5. royerm

royerm New Member

Okey dokey....will do.
    I'm really enjoying this setup and got convinced going that route by all
    the good information on this site...

Cheers
  6. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Please give us a comparison of what you think about the CSV sytem compared to the old system.
  7. royerm

royerm New Member

I definitely get no fluctuation in the shower where with the old system I could tell when it was time for the pump to start to get the pressure back. Now I can flush a toilet or open another tap upstair and not earing a scream from someone in the shower.

The amount of water being delivered seems illimited, of course as long as I'm within the limit of the pump.

As previously stated
    "I ran a few test with 3 taps, 1 shower, 1 toilet flush giving me a flow of 9.4 GPM
    and holding it steady at 55......truly amazing and a delight."

Voila...
  8. royerm

royerm New Member

2 turns and now at 45-65Psi...thx