Fill valve floods house, AGAIN!!

Users who are viewing this thread

mc350

Reaction score
Have been using Crane toilets for 2 years. The fill valves seem to be a big problem!! I have replaced about 5 fill valves out of about 50 toilets. Some have had a crack were the supply tube connects. Twice the fill valve has broken off flush with the bottom of the tank. I installed these toilets myself. Years of experience. Using chrome, flat top supply tubes, Ridgid benders and NEVER go more than hand tight. This last time was a mess. Home Owners Ins Company removed fill valve and supply tube. They later stated the problem was "Improper installation of a plastic jamb nut to the lower threaded portion of the fill valve of the toilet". I've read elsewere (briefly) that there have been simular problems. Does anyone know of or heard anything about this problem? Thanks

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks