Fiberglass shower base with compression drain

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by xdeaconx, Mar 23, 2010.

1. xdeaconx

xdeaconx New Member

I have a fiberglass shower base I am installing in a basement bathroom. I have all the stub out plumbed with 2" cast iron a concreted. I left the length sticking out of the concrete long so I can cut it to length. I am wondering what that lenght is?
    Should the top edge of the pipe be flush with the top of the rubber gasket when torqued down? or should it be below or above that?

Now that I think about it, I have the same type of fitting for the toliet flange. I guess the same question applies to that as well.

thanks guys.
  2. dcelite

dcelite Plumber

The shower should be at the top of the rubber. The toilet should be at the top of the flange so the wax will sit on it.
  3. xdeaconx

xdeaconx New Member

thanks for the reply dcelite, will do.