fiberglass sewage pit

Users who are viewing this thread

Luckynum70213

Reaction score
I need some advise on replacing my existing fiberglass sump pit with a new one or use my existing. I have broken up the concrete for my basement bath. I would need to drill a hole in the excising pit which is fiberglass. There will be 2- 4" inlets and 2". I would have to drill a new 4" hole for my new 4 " line. The advantage of the new is the lid would seal better ie the 50lbs holding the lid down now.

Attachments

• 20170128_133850.jpg
    20170128_133850.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 20170128_135003.jpg
    20170128_135003.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 155

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's unclear what you are asking, but if you need to drill an additional hole in the side of the existing tank to accept the new inflow, I can't think of a reason why not. The tank comes with a rubber bushing for a 4" pipe, so you may have to scare one up for the new pipe if you use that option.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Your post is somewhat confusing because a sump pit and a sewage basin are two entirely different systems. Looking at your picture, I believe that you want to tie a new sewage/drain line into an existing sewage basin. We always route the drain piping so that only one drain entrance is needed in the basin. If you need another, you will have to find the proper gasket, as the size of the hole you will need to put in the basin is fully determined by what gasket is used. If this is not done properly, groundwater can leak into the basin and cause the pump to run like a sump pump to pump out the groundwater. Depending on the depth of the basin and the amount of groundwater infiltration, this would cause a very short pump life expectancy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks