Feedback on DWV Diagram and order of fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

Jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I am designing a single 2x8 wet wall for my home. I have two bathrooms back to back and I am trying to get some feedback on my DWV. My Sketchup skills are awful. That being said, can folks offer me some guidance as to the best practices on the order of fixtures that feed a branch that goes into the soil stack? I can move the soil stack so that it goes between fixtures 2 and 3 (or fixtures 5 and 6). Should the toilets be closest to the soil stack? Should the sinks or showers be closest to the soil stack? I will refine my design and come back with a diagram that shows the fittings, but I wanted to ask about the order of fixtures and soil stack placement first. Again, my apologies for the awful drawing. Hopefully, the 3 dimensionality at least comes across.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DWV_Rough_Diagram.jpg
    DWV_Rough_Diagram.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 216

Reach4

Reaction score
You need vents. But in regard to your question regarding order of things, I think it is better to have the toilet on the downstream side. That way the shower and lav water helps things move along. There may be some other advantage. It is not a requirement, but toilet last is best if practical in my non-pro opinion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks