Feedback on basement pipe layout

Users who are viewing this thread

grahamW

Reaction score
As described in my other thread, I'm relocating the laundry and floor drain in my basement. It is worth mentioning that the location of the floor drain is between the tankless HW and the laundry. The existing floor has a gentle slope towards the sump in the opposite corner.

I'm looking for feedback on the proposed pipe layout below. I've tried to incorporate everything I've learned searching this forum but, at the end of the day, I'm just an amateur trying to save a few bucks. Many thanks.

Lindbrook_Plumbing1_sm.jpg

I've uploaded a higher resolution copy as well.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
If that 2" vent for the floor drain is below the concrete it won't fly. Vents have to be 6" above the flood level rim of the highest fixture (usually the lav )

grahamW

Reaction score
If that 2" vent for the floor drain is below the concrete it won't fly. Vents have to be 6" above the flood level rim of the highest fixture (usually the lav )

Thanks Tom.

Indeed, I've drawn the 2" vent for the drain as running under the concrete (above the drain lines) and then up the wall to 48" and then connecting with the other vent(s). I assumed if it was pitched as usual, it would be ok. If not, how does one put in a vent for the floor drain? Does it need to come straight up from the santee? If so, that'd be in the middle of my room, as drawn...

How far from the floor drain p-trap can I place the vertical vent? If I re-route the waste line and direct it towards the foundation wall at the front of the house, I can place the vent vertically between the studs. Here's my 2nd attempt:

Lindbrook_Plumbing2_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks