Faulty Water Softener.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by xbakerbob, Dec 10, 2008.

1. xbakerbob

xbakerbob New Member

Hi i`ve got an old Kinetico Compak water softener that as started to play up.
    I don`t know much about them so i`m after some help.

The water as been soft on and off so it occassionally works and use`s salt.
    When doing manual regens all the water seems to run to the drain also a week ago it kept over flowing until i emptied it and cleaned it out.One more thing the top wheel on the water meter doesn`t appear to turn.

Any ideas ???
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

softener

Two suggestions.
    1. Throw it away and get a good softener that does require that the company service it.
    2. Call Kinetico and have them fix it. Be prepared for a large invoice total., unless it is still under warranty.
  3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

I agree with HJ although I think he meant to say buy a new softener that does 'not' require that the company service it.