Faucet that spins when you turn it on

Users who are viewing this thread

Fritz57

Reaction score

after silicon greasing the carts and replacing the supplys with flex, my install is ugly.
The rubber gasket is squeezed nearly out from the valve mount nut. The washer in the escutcheon seem to be ok.

The valve nut doesn't look the same as what I see in the current American Standard drawing of the faucet parts.
[www.amazon.com] Ours is 10yo and brass.

In any case, is there a better method or is the "newer" version of the part (above) the thing to use to mount the valve so that it doens't spin when tuning on the faucet, but without tightening it so much?
And if so, I assume still with the rubber gasket; but that the new plastic nut will be easier to get right.

Reach4

Reaction score
In any case, is there a better method or is the "newer" version of the part (above) the thing to use to mount the valve so that it doens't spin when tuning on the faucet, but without tightening it so much?
That "faucet that spins when you turn it on" should have been your title/subject. I presume that is your actual symptom that you would like to correct. Until I saw that sentence, I thought you were solely concerned with the appearance under your sink.

Fritz57

Reaction score
That "faucet that spins when you turn it on" should have been your title/subject. I presume that is your actual symptom that you would like to correct. Until I saw that sentence, I thought you were solely concerned with the appearance under your sink.

yea, you're right.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
1. You need a helper to hold down the faucet from above while you are tightening the nuts.

2. You need a metal washer to protect the gasket, so it doesn't go out of shape.

3. You don't need white tape on the angle stop threads. Flex connectors come with cone washers inside the nuts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks