Savoy faucet stem tool???

Users who are viewing this thread

msk

Reaction score
Hello eveyone,

I am trying to remove this stem but am having trouble locating the correct tool to do so.

I purchased a BrassCraft T141 set at home Depot and soon realized that none of them fit. It seems that the stem that I have has only two flat sides for the tool to grab onto.

Anybody know what tool to use and what brand the stem may be, Thanks!!!

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg

Asktom

Reaction score
The stem you have is a Savoy, there are a number of different similar stems. I don't know which yours is and they don't all use the same size special wrench. Mat manufacturing (won't sell to you directly) makes two different wrenches that fit three different stems - part#s 1890 & 1891. Kissler's (Quality Repair Parts) # 08-9415 fits Savoys with 7/8" & 3/4" flats. There are no doubt others.

savoy-stem-wrench.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

msk

Reaction score
Yes that seems correct from the looks of the tool. I will have to see if I can find it locally tomorrow. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks