faucet stem tool???

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by msk, Apr 28, 2013.

1. msk

msk New Member

Hello eveyone,

I am trying to remove this stem but am having trouble locating the correct tool to do so.

I purchased a BrassCraft T141 set at home Depot and soon realized that none of them fit. It seems that the stem that I have has only two flat sides for the tool to grab onto.

Anybody know what tool to use and what brand the stem may be, Thanks!!!

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg
  2. asktom

asktom Member

The stem you have is a Savoy, there are a number of different similar stems. I don't know which yours is and they don't all use the same size special wrench. Mat manufacturing (won't sell to you directly) makes two different wrenches that fit three different stems - part#s 1890 & 1891. Kissler's (Quality Repair Parts) # 08-9415 fits Savoys with 7/8" & 3/4" flats. There are no doubt others.
  3. msk

msk New Member

Yes that seems correct from the looks of the tool. I will have to see if I can find it locally tomorrow. Thanks!