Faucet Shuts Off When Turned to Hot

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Thksnow, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Thksnow

Thksnow New Member

I'm new to this forum, and have a question that I can't find in my search of past issues.

I have an American Standard Ceramix bath faucet (single handle). When I turn it to hot, and the hot water is there, it makes a "clunk" sound, and the water slows to a trickle. If I turn it off and barely turn it on in the hot position, I can get hot water out, but only a little. I have not taken the faucet apart, but in looking at the parts diagram, there are only two major parts, the cartridge and the manifold.

Any idea which part could be causing this behavior?

Tks...Thksnow
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

3. Thksnow

Thksnow New Member

Jimbo -

Sorry, but I should have been clearer. Mine is a bathroom sink, not shower, faucet.

Tks...Thksnow
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Sorry. The lav, of course, is not pressure balanced, so I am at a loss to explain your problem.