faucet recommendation for salt water

Users who are viewing this thread

Prashster

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a good brand of shower head (and valve) that is particularly resistant to corrosion and salt in water? My boss has extremely hard water and needs to find a head that'll last longer than his Price Pfister.

shawn.

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
MOEN

The cartridges are plastic with rubber seals...they aren't exactly the most solid things around, but in an area I used to work that was all we'd install because of the water.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If he has a softner and has salt in his water it sounds like the softner is not working right.

Call someone and have it serviced.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
prashster said:
He has a softener. Still has probs
Where in what he said do you see that his boss has a softener? I can't find that in my copy.

Salt in the water doesn't mean he has a softener, he could have high chlorides or sodium, both are found in natural waters or salt water intrusion into ground water recovering his well.

Prashster

Reaction score
Gary-
I was the original poster :)

I'll tell him he needs a better softener, but I'll also recommend he try a Moen head.

THANKS all!

Shawn

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
GrumpyPlumber said:
MOEN

The cartridges are plastic with rubber seals...they aren't exactly the most solid things around, but in an area I used to work that was all we'd install because of the water.

Also, forgot to add...replacing the cartridges is extremely easy (a caveman could do it).
One clip holds the stem into place, even if it gets crammed with deposits frequently, it's a quick task to replace. philips screwdriver for the trim and a pair of channel locks for the clip.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks