Faucet is gushing out water!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Monica Flores, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Monica Flores

Monica Flores New Member

I turned on the outside faucet and heard some banging then all of the sudden my kitchen faucet which was off, started gushing water out! I turned off the valve under the kitchen sink, but if I turn it back on the water starts comimg out again regardless of the outside faucet being off. I don't knoe what to do help please:(
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

From your description the kitchen faucet is broken, so you need a plumber to repair or replace it.
  3. Monica Flores

Monica Flores New Member

Thank you! I'll call someone to have that checked then :)
  4. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades

Sounds like a ON / OFF position problem.

But I am not I plumber.

Gushing is the key word. Or is it dribble ?
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There are so many possibilities for "the water will not turn off" that we would need a good picture or maybe even have to be there.