faucet connector pipe leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

lonomac

Reaction score
I have this push pull valve under my bathroom sink. Its actually leaking where the pipe meets the connector. From what I was reading you have to cut these valves off to replace them which Id like t try and avoid. Is there a way I can put something on it to stop it from leaking?

pip.jpg

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
NO, and a leak from that area could be an early warning of pending catastrophic failure. I would turn it off now.

lonomac

Reaction score
Well that's a problem because the valve doesn't work, so I have to shut off the water to the house just to turn off the water :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

The DO IT before the tubing fails and floods the area. Sometimes you can twist and pull, (very hard), on the valve to get it off the incoming tubing, and other times you do have to tear it apart.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks