faucet connector pipe leaking

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by lonomac, Jul 30, 2008.

1. lonomac

lonomac New Member

I have this push pull valve under my bathroom sink. Its actually leaking where the pipe meets the connector. From what I was reading you have to cut these valves off to replace them which Id like t try and avoid. Is there a way I can put something on it to stop it from leaking?

[​IMG]
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

NO, and a leak from that area could be an early warning of pending catastrophic failure. I would turn it off now.
  3. lonomac

lonomac New Member

Well that's a problem because the valve doesn't work, so I have to shut off the water to the house just to turn off the water :)
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

The DO IT before the tubing fails and floods the area. Sometimes you can twist and pull, (very hard), on the valve to get it off the incoming tubing, and other times you do have to tear it apart.