Fan motor problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Eric Dale

Reaction score
I am trying to locate a GE motor. I cant find it any where online. Can you please help me find this motor or one that is compatible with this motor.

Details:
GE motor
5kcp39fg p719 s
HP=1/3
V=208-230
A=3.20
RPM=1075
HZ=60
CPN=51-21789-01
CAP=7.50/370

Attachments

• IMG_20140912_174634.jpg
    IMG_20140912_174634.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_20140912_174606.jpg
    IMG_20140912_174606.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 387

Reach4

Reaction score
I would guess it could be a a date code. Try this search in your favorite search engine:
skcp39fg ge motor

Eric Dale

Reaction score
Do i need ALL the HP, V, A, RPM CAP and HZ to be the exact same with this one?

Lone Star Charles

Reaction score
Suggest that you take another look at the details of what the OP wanted. The picture of the one you recommended is 1/4 HP vs 1/3 HP on the original. Also, the rotation is opposite the original. The amperage does not match.

To the original poster - You can take your motor to any HVAC supply house and they can match it up for you quite easily. Don't forget to replace the capacitor when you replace the motor.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Charles , you’re right I did not look that close. On another site that Terry does not like mentioned on this web site, it said it was a replacement, so I didn’t look all that close. I did find exact matches on a site that sells used equipment but the links do not work on this site either.
The site I did provide the link for, has a number and he could call them to find out if they have the motor or a motor that will work. Here is their number:
If you need help verifying the correct part for your equipment please call our office and we will assist you. 1-855-431-2842.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
What is wrong with your motor ?

For the price of the motor, You may want to have it rebuilt.

The Bearings are about all that go out.

Is your Run cap good ?

You may be better off, going by the model number for what it came out of.

It looks like them replacement motors come in 3, 4 and 5 speed. How many wires does your motor have ?

Do you have a model number for what it came out of ?

Good Luck.

Eric Dale

Reaction score
Well the motor is 19 years old. Is time to get a new one. It won't run, is the problem.
The run capacitor is still good. I checked the voltage to it.
This motor has four wires( brown, orange, black, and yellow)
Does the shaft length(3.5) have be the same? What if I find one that is 6 inches long.

I started looking for 5kcp39fg and couldn't find anything that match. So I started looking up the con (51-21789-01) and finding matches except for shaft length.

DonL

Reaction score
Well the motor is 19 years old. Is time to get a new one. It won't run, is the problem.
The run capacitor is still good. I checked the voltage to it.
This motor has four wires( brown, orange, black, and yellow)
Does the shaft length(3.5) have be the same? What if I find one that is 6 inches long.

I started looking for 5kcp39fg and couldn't find anything that match. So I started looking up the con (51-21789-01) and finding matches except for shaft length.

What is it out of ? Air Conditioner ?

Hard to see from here.

The shaft Length does mater. Some of the motors are scored shaft, and you cut it off.

It is not what goes into the capacitor, It is the voltage that comes out of it, and the current, that is important.

If the fan spins by hand, the cap is most likely bad. Unless a winding (Not likely) or the safety device is open.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

Eric Dale

Reaction score
When my fan was running it wasn't blowing really hard. Then on Tuesday it just stopped working. I was and to soon it by hand though.
The condenser fan came on when i pushed the contactor button in. To check the capacitor I switched the attic fan and codenser fan capacitor and the condenser fan came on fine. So both capacitors work. My attic fan won't run at all though. It's a package unit on my roof.

DonL

Reaction score
Both caps are the same Value ?

They need to be for that test.

Does the attic fan have a T-stat ?

How about a Model Number, so no guessing is needed ?

That motor you have is single speed, I would not pay $200 for one. CPN=51-21789-01

http://keithspecialty.com/k/Rheem-51-23023-31.htm

Good Luck.

Last edited:

Eric Dale

Reaction score
The details of the motor is listed in my first post. The serial number is 5kcp39fg. I have a rheem package unit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks