Facts you need to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy.)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.
(Don't try this at home; maybe at work.)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.
(Honey, I'm home. )

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.
(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.

Butterflies taste with their feet.
(Something I always wanted to know.)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
(Hmmmmmm.......)

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people.
(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.
(Okay, so that would be a good thing.)

A cat's urine glows under a black light.
(I wonder how much the government paid to figure that out.

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
(I know some people like that.)

Starfish have no brains.
(I know some people like that, too.)

Polar bears are left-handed.
(If they switch, they'll live a lot longer.)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.

Only if he is a 9-3/4" tall human, 350 times 9-3/4" is just under 300', the length of a U.S. football field. (Canadien field would require a taller person.)

quote; Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure

But not with each other, although there is a video of a dolphin humping a trainer at the edge of the pool.

Cookie

Reaction score
My girlfriend sends me that stuff, lol. I eliminated the pig stuff due to it was not appropriate.

chocolate

Reaction score
Interesting list.... To add one more..

More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines. :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quoote; More than ten people a year are killed by vending machines

Probably revenge, or justifiable homicide. Do you know how many vending machines are killed by people every year?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; The Enquirer and Globe magazines of course. both are very reliable sources I am told.

I have heard about a couple of Enquirer reporters who were fired because they wrote stories which were actually true and/or put real facts in them.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
quote; The Enquirer and Globe magazines of course. both are very reliable sources I am told.

I have heard about a couple of Enquirer reporters who were fired because they wrote stories which were actually true and/or put real facts in them.
that'll teach those morons:D

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I miss Red. :(

Actually Cokkie, I never read those magazines, I was just kidding when irrigation asked for "the source"

There is no such post though except by Redwood above in my post #8 quote..Did you mean Redwood?:confused:

I forget, did he quit angry here? I see his last post was in July at terrylove.com

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; She ate him afterwards....

Much cheaper than a divorce lawyer, and if the reports about the woman who butchered and ate her husband are true, maybe tasty.

Cookie

Reaction score
There has been a rash of those kinds of reports. Did you notice that HJ? Creepy, lol. One in Thailand, some here in the US.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death??!!

Squash him and put him out of his misery. Starvation is supposed to be a cruel way to die. Could you get a praying mantis to have sex with cockroaches. They would bite the heads off, so you would not have to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks