Extra part?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by samson33, Dec 6, 2008.

1. samson33

samson33 New Member

Installing a Pegsus tub and shower unit. I have a part that I can"t seem to locate in the diagram. 3/4" male on one end with two O-rings on the other 5/16" apart 1/2" from the end, with two flat 1/2" grooves at the end. Lenght of pipe is2 1 1/2". Model# 566-712 Seris 1000 I think
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Could be part of the tub spout. On the other hand, GB and Peg. from HD......not unusual to find missing parts, or extra parts....... If that piece you have is extra, someone has a box with that part missing!
  3. samson33

samson33 New Member

What is GB and Peg? GB20030113 is a number on a sticker un the valve
  4. Cass

Cass Plumber

If the box was open when you bought it the part was removed from the box to repair someones faucet...when purchasing at big box stores never buy opened boxes. This is one of the most common problems...
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Glacier Bay and Pegasus. The Home Depot brands, made by the Globe Union Industrial Faucet Company of China.
  6. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

You do realize that they have the thermal strapping machine in the store, and when a box is returned, they restrap it before putting it back on the shelf.....!
  7. Cass

Cass Plumber

I rarely go to HD and dodn't know they did that...at the Low*s i go to they don't restrap.
  8. samson33

samson33 New Member

Checked the tub spout you mentioned. Now I have another problem. Plastic sleeve inside spout with a set screw on the bottom. Thought spouts just screwed in? Does the plastic need to be removed?
  9. Cass

Cass Plumber

that one is made to slip over copper pipe and the set screw just keeps it from spinning...
  10. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

spout

You are describing things in such a way as to confuse us. Pegasus copies a lot of Delta parts, so that first piece could be the spout adapter, but if so you should not have the clamp on spout you refer to in the second posting. We need pictures to see what you are talking about.
  11. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I would check the back room on that one!
  12. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

When I purchase a strapped box at any big box I open, inventory, and inspect, before going to the register. Unfortunately sometimes while working Saturdays I do have to deal with big box stores and I don't trust either!:mad: