Extra part?

Users who are viewing this thread

samson33

Reaction score
Installing a Pegsus tub and shower unit. I have a part that I can"t seem to locate in the diagram. 3/4" male on one end with two O-rings on the other 5/16" apart 1/2" from the end, with two flat 1/2" grooves at the end. Lenght of pipe is2 1 1/2". Model# 566-712 Seris 1000 I think

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Could be part of the tub spout. On the other hand, GB and Peg. from HD......not unusual to find missing parts, or extra parts....... If that piece you have is extra, someone has a box with that part missing!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If the box was open when you bought it the part was removed from the box to repair someones faucet...when purchasing at big box stores never buy opened boxes. This is one of the most common problems...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If the box was open when you bought it the part was removed from the box to repair someones faucet...when purchasing at big box stores never buy opened boxes. This is one of the most common problems...

You do realize that they have the thermal strapping machine in the store, and when a box is returned, they restrap it before putting it back on the shelf.....!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I rarely go to HD and dodn't know they did that...at the Low*s i go to they don't restrap.

samson33

Reaction score
Checked the tub spout you mentioned. Now I have another problem. Plastic sleeve inside spout with a set screw on the bottom. Thought spouts just screwed in? Does the plastic need to be removed?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
that one is made to slip over copper pipe and the set screw just keeps it from spinning...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
spout

You are describing things in such a way as to confuse us. Pegasus copies a lot of Delta parts, so that first piece could be the spout adapter, but if so you should not have the clamp on spout you refer to in the second posting. We need pictures to see what you are talking about.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
When I purchase a strapped box at any big box I open, inventory, and inspect, before going to the register. Unfortunately sometimes while working Saturdays I do have to deal with big box stores and I don't trust either!:mad:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks