Extension to Ptrap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Johnny440

Reaction score
I am installing a new shower and the drain extension needs to be about 2 feet to the right from its current location (closer to the corner)

20150208_181331.jpg

Once I remove the PVC male adapter, everything I am left with is soldered brass and copper.

20150208_181242.jpg

I only have 3.5 inches from the top of the subfloor to the copper drain connection in the above image. I searched for a low-profile elbow/shower drain that will give me clearance to be able to connect to the existing setup, but no luck as of yet. I dont like to work with large diameter copper, not sure my propane torch will get this hot enough to break. Any thoughts on how I can relocate the trap or direct the shower drain to the existing?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Call a plumber who does have the proper torch to take it apart AND relocate the trap to the new location.You do NOT want to leave the trap where it is and offset the drain to it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks