Experience with Kohler?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jadnashua, May 15, 2005.

1. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I've had a tub/shower door assembly on order from Kohler for about three months now. I knew when I ordered it that it was not in stock at the factory, but the factory's anticipated delivery date now has been postponed three times, each time 3-4 weeks. Very annoying. I could have gone with a custom set of doors (any that I liked were 3x more or greater, though), but decided I liked and could live with the semi-custom Kohler door.

Is this normal for them? Now, if it was a Japanese company, they could tell you not only when they could supply it, but probably the day and hour it would be built.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Special Order from Kohler tends to have a long lead time; it is usually preferred to deal with a supply house that can get most things from a large stocking distributor.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Well, after waiting since early March for the shower door (it was out of stock at the factory and local distributors), I went to pick it up today, and it was the wrong one! Damn. Since the factory is closed today, I don't know when I'll get the right one. I didn't want to spend the 3-4x more for a custom one, but at least I'd have it now if I had. Oh well. I don't know if I can chalk this up to HD or Kohler, but the bottom line is somebody messed up royally.