Experience with Kohler?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've had a tub/shower door assembly on order from Kohler for about three months now. I knew when I ordered it that it was not in stock at the factory, but the factory's anticipated delivery date now has been postponed three times, each time 3-4 weeks. Very annoying. I could have gone with a custom set of doors (any that I liked were 3x more or greater, though), but decided I liked and could live with the semi-custom Kohler door.

Is this normal for them? Now, if it was a Japanese company, they could tell you not only when they could supply it, but probably the day and hour it would be built.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Special Order from Kohler tends to have a long lead time; it is usually preferred to deal with a supply house that can get most things from a large stocking distributor.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Well, after waiting since early March for the shower door (it was out of stock at the factory and local distributors), I went to pick it up today, and it was the wrong one! Damn. Since the factory is closed today, I don't know when I'll get the right one. I didn't want to spend the 3-4x more for a custom one, but at least I'd have it now if I had. Oh well. I don't know if I can chalk this up to HD or Kohler, but the bottom line is somebody messed up royally.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks