Existing dishwasher setup OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lyvere

Reaction score
I'd like to replace my dishwasher. The current one that the old homeowner had may not be up to code, at least it doesn't match any of the installation options listed in the new dishwasher manual. I've been advised by 2 people that it is up to code and 2 that it is not. I'm hoping for at least a tie breaker. Thanks for your help.

IMG_1449.jpg IMG_1447.jpg IMG_1451.jpg IMG_1_with_text.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The dishwasher can drain into the second trap there.
Most places want an air gap on the counter, and some places are good with looping the drain as high as possible in the cabinet and then tying the drain back in.
The washer drain can go to a p-trap like that, the disposal after the plug has been knocked out, a tee drain fitting under a basket, or in Seattle we sometimes have something called a Johnson Tee.

sink_dw.jpg

Lyvere

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. After reading the threads, and making one final check with a Lowe's Associate who said the current setup is up to code here, I decided I will install the new one the same way as the current one. I'm not the handiest guy, and I'm only replacing it to help sell the house. I greatly appreciate the advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks