EverPure Water Filtration

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jerome8283, Nov 29, 2008.

1. jerome8283

jerome8283 New Member

Does any have experience with under sink mount water filtration cartridges? I have 2 cartridges made by EverPure (Voc#1 & Voc#2). I need to replace them and would like to know if they need to replaced with Everpure specific cartridges or can I reaplace them with some other compatible manufacture? Also can they be purchased at the big box stores?
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

I believe they are proprietary. I've never heard of then sold through big box stores but they may be.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

If they are the ones I am thinking of , they are NOT generic, and they ARE about a C-note each.
  4. jerome8283

jerome8283 New Member

5. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

For the price of one of those cartridges you can buy a whole new filter including off the shelf industry standard cartridges and a long reach swivel faucet.
  6. jerome8283

jerome8283 New Member

Yes, I notice that this morning at Lowes. I will definately switch to the newer systems. Thanks
  7. jerome8283

jerome8283 New Member

ok I picked up the Whirlpool WHED20 under sink mount system to replace the old system I have now. I need to return because I opened the package and the filters were missing.:mad:

Anyway, my old system has a saddle valve clamp with a small valve handle connected to my cold water supply were the blue 1/4" tubing is connected going to the filter. The new system has 3/8" tubing. Is there a transition connector available?
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  8. jerome8283

jerome8283 New Member

I picked up a Quick Connect. All is well now. Thanks