Ever heard of "PumpChamber"

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by rick.a, Jan 23, 2009.

1. rick.a

rick.a New Member

I have a shallow dug well with water levels that range from 10" to 18". I currently use a jet pump which works well but presents freeze challenges in winter (Massachusetts). My water level is too low for a submersible which would make winterizing easy.

I just found this site that advertises a sealed chamber for the sub which allows it to suck water down to a level of 2.5 inches while standing perfectly vertical!

Has anyone ever heard of this product? If so is this too good to be true, or is there some pitfall.

http://www.wellmanager.com/pump_chamber_dug_wells.htm

thanks,
    rick
  2. sammyhydro11

sammyhydro11 Previous member

3. rick.a

rick.a New Member

The pump is in a well house that is not heated and it tends to freeze up. But a sub would be down the well shaft below the freeze line.
  4. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Never used one of those "PumpChambers" but, the Wellmanager people are good and I am sure it will work.
  5. rick.a

rick.a New Member

Valveman,
    Thanks for the feedback. This product looks like the perfect thing for my wide shallow well. But I needed some type of positive assurance before getting it.
    I'll probably wait till I need to replace my jet pump before doing the switch, but might just get it to be "ready," since pumps rarely fail at a convenient time.